With day jobs and three kids at home, sometimes it’s easy to forget the little
things in your relationship. It’s easy to go about your day, moving from one thing to another, homework, dinner, evening news, and never stopping to catch your breath.
At different times in our relationship, sometimes the intimacy has taken a backseat (although let me tell you I will make sure that never happens again). And one of the first things to go is kissing. And it’s a shame, because I love to kiss.
Kissing, especially passionate kissing, is one of the ultimate expressions of love and desire. To hold someone in your arms, pull them close and press your lips against there’s, to lose yourself in the embrace is not only fun and arousing, but good for you as well.
- Cleaner Teeth Having extra saliva in you mouth from “swapping spit” helps to keep your teeth cleaner, as it washes bacteria off and loosens plaque.
- Exercise When you make out, all the muscles in your lower jaw are used, which could, theoretically, keep your skin tighter and reduce wrinkles.
- Calorie Burn Making out doubles you calorie burn, reports ranging from two to six calories a minute. While that might not sound like much, the more you kiss the quicker it will add up.
- Stress Relief Kissing is known to reduce stress and the negative pressures of the day; in other words, it lets you blow off steam. Kissing increases the levels of oxytocin in your brain, which is kind of like your body’s own Xanax.
- Be Happy When you kiss, it increases overall euphoria and calms your mind. According to WebMD, the physiological changes that occur with kissing are very similar to those achieved during mediation.
So it’s time to start kissing more. Why the hell not? And here are a few ways to get back into the habit.
- Kiss for at least 30 seconds a day. If you haven’t actually really kissed in awhile, be prepared; this may lead to a quick romp on the couch.
- Give small kisses when the opportunity arises. Kiss good morning, kiss goodnight. Kiss before you leave for work in the morning and when you get home.
- Hold hands. Although it’s not kissing, it increases your touching and makes you feel closer. With that in mind, I’m guessing it will increase your kisses as well.
- Make out. And not just for 2 minutes before you start fucking, but really make out. Like you did in high school.
- Kiss sometimes when you’re having sex. It makes it that much more special.